Thursday, April 20, 2006

Snowboarding is Fun!

Thor and I went snowboarding twice in February and both loved it (I love falling on my ass – perhaps that’s because it’s literally doing something that I’ve figuratively done many a time). Thor has already outfitted himself with a snowboard, boots and everything….I think maybe I chose not to pursue the whole gear thing in the hopes of justifying the purchase of a ridiculously expensive pair of jeans, purse, shoes or something equally superficial. I was an abysmal skier in high school, and hated it (lucky me living in a northern British Columbian town where skiing was part of phys. Ed!, so I was a bit shocked to find that there is a snow sport I enjoy (and perhaps can even become competent at!). Wasn’t even phased after seeing a young Japanese guy wipe out in front of me, breaking his arm in the process. By that point, I knew how to come to a controlled stop, so I sat down near him and said uselessly comforting words like “don’t worry” in Japanese while waiting for my friend to come by (he’s a Wilderness First Responder dude and had a kick-ass first aid kit in his backpack—and also speaks Japanese very well!). We arranged for ski patrol to pick up the pieces and went on to enjoy the “pow”(der).

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home