Monday, October 12, 2009

Dear Bloggie-thingie: I'll never abandon you (for so long) every again.

So I haven't written on this blog for two years...! It's gotten to the point where I occasionally get unsolicited messages asking me if I'd like to sell my blog space. Didn't know such a thing were possible. Was under the impression that this site allows you to put up a blog and then totally ignore it for years -- all for free.

Operating under the assumption that I can't sell this blog space for "big money" and then retire to a small, remote island in the Pacific, have decided that the years of writing procrastination have absolutely got to end. If I sometimes secretly compare unwritten stories to unborn children, at this point I've got great litter of long overdue pups that need liberating from the wound--I mean womb. But the real reason is that it's become increasingly clear that many of my untold tales are starting to rot and fester, turning into soul tumours and manifesting themselves as bad skin and bad attitude, consuming me. That is not such a good thing. It's gotta stop.

With that in mind, joined a couple of writers' groups in Tokyo today -- most seem to meet monthly or bimonthly, so I shall soon be showing up to writing salons, all nervous and tongue-tied, and with a total fear that there will be some sort of obligatory writing exercise. Writing on demand scares the crap out of me. As does having to critique or even review other writers' works. Must be the "I'm not worthy" subliminals which hum along uninterrupted day and night as the inaudible yet very effective soundtrack that accompanies my, er...life journey.

Anyway, perhaps meeting other writers will be just the fright I need to get writing. Now off to spend a couple of hours writing 1 paragraph plot summaries of the half dozen stories that need exorcising immediately, and then pulling hair while trying to figure out which one to actually get down and dirty with first. At the very least, I'll end up yanking out enough hair to comfortably wear "Whitney Houston" wig I bought recently!

1 Comments:

At 2:11 AM , Anonymous Quincy Sanders said...

I did the same thing! I used to be a deadbeat blog-dad but I have seen the error in my ways. Catch my on my blog if you can Miss Clark. http://www.goggletron.com/blog

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home